Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sometimes I hate the holidays...

Don't get me wrong, I love to spend time with my husband & our family but I just hate the way that things are between my mother & Angel. 

My mother never really liked Angel until we went to Parris Island to pick him up from boot. She was so proud of him & everything. But then we got married & since he is a reservist she saw that he was having a hard time finding a job. We lived with her for 3 months (they were the longest 3 months ever) after we got married. He worked on base for a little while & then they didn't have funds to keep him there. The way that things are with the economy everyone was having a hard time finding a job & it sucked that he was one of those people. 

I always hate being in the middle of everything because my mom would complain to me about Angel & he would complain to me about my mom. Obviously I wouldn't relay what they said about each other to them because that would make them hate each other. 

Now, I'm having a hard time because we are leaving to Maryland tonight to spend X-Mas eve with my mom's side of the family & are coming back on Saturday (X-Mas Day) to spend it with with his father & siblings. Even though my husband doesn't want to go he is going just to please me really. But in reality he wants to stay here in NJ with them, my mom, & me in our place celebrating all together, because he is deploying in a few months he wants the holidays to be special. He says that God forbid & he doesn't come back it witll be the last time he can be with them for X-Mas.

My mom is ok with leaving today but wants to come back on Sunday. So when I called her & told her about the idea she just had to put in her two cents by saying, "Ok that's fine but since we always have to do what Angel says we are coming back on Saturday instead of Sunday but that's fine let's do it." Uggghhhhhh, it's things like that that they say that piss me off sometimes or get me upset because I wish they would have a better relationship. I mean he is my HUSBAND & she is my MOTHER so I can't take sides. She is the only person I have left from my immediate since I've been 10 yrs old. After the accident(I'll explain later in another post) we had in back in 97'.

Well, let me get ready to leave my job & head home, wish me luck for these Holidays.

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you have a great time with your loved ones.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment